If you are a new patient to River Dental we thank you and look forward to welcoming you to our practice.
We’d like to give you the very best in dental care by ensuring you have all the information you need to make your appointment as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.
Your First Appointment
- Please arrive 10 minutes early to complete any initial paperwork and ask any questions you may have. In order for us to understand and accommodate your individual needs we will ask you to complete a New Patient Form prior to your appointment. Click here to download and complete this form at home or complete one at our office. All information you provide is treated in the strictest of confidence to provide a better, safer service to you.
- We appreciate that your time is important and we expect the same in return. If circumstances make it difficult to keep your appointment, please give us at least 48 hours notice otherwise you may incur a fee.
- Remember our policy is to “pay on the day”. Click here for details and payment options.
- Any dental x-rays you have had taken recently may be of use. To print a Patient Authority to Release Dental Records Form (to be provided to your previous dentist) please click here.
On the Day of your Appointment
- Please switch your mobile phone to off or silent mode when you arrive.
- If you have private health insurance please bring your membership card as this is required to process any HICAPS claim.
- If you have a Department of Veterans’ Affairs card please bring it along so we can record your details.
- If you are taking any medications (including vitamins and herbal supplements) please provide us with details.
- We need to know if your medical history has changed or you have undergone any recent surgery so please let us know when you arrive.
- Ask us any questions you have – we are here to help.
To maximise your oral health you may require ongoing dental treatment.
Whether you need regular hygiene visits or restorative work, we endeavour to provide you with a Treatment Plan which itemises the recommended treatment and costs involved. A treatment plan is valid for 30 days from the date of issue and can help you plan your appointments and payment.
Take Home Layby and GEM Visa offer interest free payment plan options which are available to assist with your dental treatment expenses. An interest free payment plan is a good option to help make any major dental treatment more affordable and we find it enables a lot of our patients to have work done which they would otherwise have to wait for.
Here at Riverdental, we will constantly try to find new ways to help the greater community become more accessible to and accepting of dental services and treatment. That is why we have agreed to become preferred providers for CBHS, HCF/Manchesty Unity, Teachers’ Union Health, Department of Veteran Affairs and the Medicare “Teen Dental Plan”. We are also still able to accept and make claims for all other health funds available to the public.
The fees for your actual treatment will vary depending on the complexity of your case. In order to devise an individual treatment plan and quote for you, it is strongly recommended you come into the practice for your initial examination appointment. As an estimate, the initial fee for this appointment for patients not belonging to a private health insurer is $135 (including two intra-oral radiographs to detect decay between your teeth and under old fillings). For patients who have private health insurance for dental you would not be out of pocket for this appointment.
So what exactly is a preferred provider dental practice? Preferred providers are a network of practices accepted by health funds to work under their system, allowing the providers to offer the best level of care and value for their patients.
Department of Veteran Affairs
As always with patients eligible under the Department of Veteran Affairs system, this entitles all patients with no out-of-pocket expense for all dental treatment with approval from the department.
HCF and Manchester Unity
For all dental patients with extras cover under HCF, this will entitle them to no out-of-pocket expense preventative care which includes six-monthly check up and cleans (including radiographs), fissure sealants and mouthguards.
Teachers’ Union Health
Members of Teachers’ Union Health are entitled to lower fees as well as a greater rebate from their health insurer for all their dental treatment. Some eligible patients are also entitled to no-out-of-pocket expense treatment for their six-monthly examination and cleans. Please enquire with your health insurer to verify your eligibility for these entitlements.
For all dental patients with extras cover under CBHS, this will entitle them to no out-of-pocket expense preventative care which includes six-monthly check up and cleans (including radiographs), fissure sealants and mouthguards.
We are able to process your account on the day with your Health Insurance Membership Card through our HICAPS facility. This will avoid any difficulties experienced with lodging forms, queues and waiting for cheques in the mail. We support all major health funds, so you will only be responsible for the balance or “gap” payment on the day. To learn more about the HICAPS supported health funds, visit the HICAPS website or call HICAPS on: 1800 805 780.
Payment is required at the end of every appointment – cash, credit card, and EFTPOS facilities are available, plus HICAPS for direct billing of your health insurer.
Child Dental Benefit Scheme
Now, more than ever, you can easily secure optimal oral healthcare for your children. January 2014 marks the implementation of a new dental and oral health scheme that replaces the Medicare Teen Dental Plan.
Formally referred to as Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CBDS), this new scheme affords financial support for basic dental health care procedures to children of eligible families.
With CBDS, proper oral and dental healthcare is made available to more than 3.4 million children who are between the ages of 2 to 17 years. Child Dental Benefits Schedule affords every eligible child with $1000 worth of benefit entitlement cap, which is valid within a two-year calendar period.
At the start every calendar year, The Department Of Human Services evaluates the eligibility of children. Basically, children who are eligible to CBDS are those between the ages of 2 and 17, and whose families receive Family Tax Benefit.
Part A Or Any Of The Following
- Youth Allowance
- Disability Support Pension
- Parenting Payment
- Special Benefit
- Carer Payment
- Double Orphan Pension
- Veteran’s Children Education Scheme, if the child is 16 or over
- Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act Education and Training Scheme, if the child is 16 or over
What Child Benefit Dental Schedule Covers
Among dental treatments covered by CBDS include routine dental checkup, professional dental cleaning, fissure sealants, tooth fillings, x-rays, root canal treatment, and partial dentures. It should be noted, however, that most of these dental treatments, have their own claiming restrictions. It should also be noted that CBDS does not cover orthodontic and cosmetic dental treatments.
The terms of CBDS make clear that any remaining balance at the end of the two-year calendar period is rendered useless for services provided outside the relevant period. Also, note that only the eligible patient can use the benefit cap. Family members who are not eligible cannot share CBDS entitlements.
You can readily check the CBDS eligibility of your children by accessing you Medicare online account, or simply by calling the inquiries line at 132 011. Enjoy the Child Dental Benefits Schedule and give your children even more reasons to smile.
Call Riverdental Gympie and ask one of our friendly receptionists if your child is eligible for the Medicare Scheme